"An awesome way to see and learn the history of The French Quarter and New Orleans."
You and your guests are going to love the opportunity to sit back and relax while your carriage driver unfolds 300 years of fun-filled history on your mule-drawn carriage ride. We cover the storied history of New Orleans, discussing everything from our resilient culture to the aging architecture.
"Get out of the crowd and off your feet while taking in the French Quarter on a carriage ride. New Orleans offer many tours, but what sets the Royal Carriage tours apart is the small groups and the ability to relax while taking in the sights and history. On the tour, you can cover a large area of the French Quarter, learn interesting history of the area, and get off of your feet and relax. The driver/guide is well-informed and with such a small group can answer individual questions. Lots of fun!"
-Trip Advisor Review by Joseph D
The 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 2:00 pm 1-Hour French Quarter History Carriage Tours include a tour inside the oldest above ground cemetery in New Orleans, Saint Louis Cemetery #1. Admission into the cemetery is included. The 5:00 pm, 6:00 pm, and 7:00 pm 1-hour carriage tours roll through a second historic neighborhood known as the Faubourg Marigny to show off more fabulous architecture in addition to local live music districts. All 30-Minute Carriage Tours feature just the French Quarter.
Purchase your tickets now to guarantee your seat!
- 30-Minute or 1-Hour French Quarter Carriage available.
- Group carriage tour travels at a leisurely pace and with small groups exceeding no more than 8 passengers per carriage.
- This tour departs from 700 Decatur. All tour participants must check in with Royal Carriages on-site supervisor. He or she will place you on the correct carriage for the tour.
- Due to the popular nature of these tours, tickets are required to guarantee your seat on the carriage. We are usually unable to accommodate those guests who arrive without pre-purchased tickets.
- Tickets and boarding instructions are emailed immediately after purchase. Having printed tickets is not necessary.